Monday 13 August 2012

Flexibility

Flexibility is the name of the game when you have young children.  Take this past weekend for example.  I posted about all of the great events that were happening around Central Alberta, but unfortunately didn't get a chance to take in any of them.  My 19 month old wasn't quite himself.  I'm pretty sure he's teething again, so he wanted nothing more than to be carried around by me for most of the weekend.  I hate to see the little guy in pain, but I will admit that I loved the extra snuggle time.  It doesn't happen all that much anymore.

In the end, we stayed at home for the most part.  It wouldn't have been fair or enjoyable to either of us (or those within earshot) if I had dragged him around when he clearly wanted to be at home.  Instead, we spent some quality time playing with his tool set, some cars and our dog.  We even managed to watch a bit of the Olympic closing ceremonies.

So, even though it wasn't what I had set out to do for the weekend, it was still time well spent.  I'll have some options for next weekend, and we'll see where we end up!

No comments:

Post a Comment