Saturday 4 August 2012

Heritage Ranch

A few weeks ago, I had a day off from my paying job, so I met up with some friends from my Red Deer Mommy's Social Club at Heritage Ranch for a playdate.

There is a new playground just west of the parking lot that is great for the kids. I especially liked it because it's kind of spread out so you can see your kids at all times vs having to constantly peek around bigger slides and things to see what kind of trouble they've gotten themselves into. Just to clarify, though, I'm not a fan of letting Owen just run around on his own at his age. I did look away for literally seconds, turned around & he was halfway up a ladder! That was my heart attack moment of the day.

Owen & his buddy hitting the slides at Heritage Ranch
After the playground, we all walked over to a fenced pasture where a few of the Ranch's horses were enjoying a snack. Little kids love animals. The horses at the ranch are very well trained & are used to strangers coming up to touch them, so I felt pretty comfortable letting Owen get close enough to pat one horse's nose.  We were there for a little while, just repeating 'hi horsey' over & over.  All in all, a successful playdate.

While I do love taking Owen on playdates, playground fun is definitely centered around the kids.  Mommies don't seem to get a chance to visit since we're all running in different directions after the little ones.  When they were all babies, it was easier to chat, but toddlers are a different story altogether.  We'll just have to reserve the important topics for Mom's Night Out and focus on the children for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment